The High Five is a series that explores the five favorite things in a certain category. The following are Jay of Red Clay Soul’s five favorite shoes. You can view my High Five post on his blog. If you’d like to participate in future posts, please send me an e-mail.
Over the past few years, I’ve concentrated on building a ‘classic’ shoe collection. While I do have some one-off pairs that get a fair amount of wear, the classics get worn the most. They go with almost everything, and work in most situations. Another focus is quality. For me, the ability to repair or resole a pair of shoes is a must when making an investment in a pair of shoes. These are My Five that rank at the top of the heap:
1. Lucchese Cowboy Boots – A year-round staple. They bring ‘comfort’ to a new level.
2. Alden (for Brooks Brothers) 986 LHS #8 Shell Cordovan Loafers – As classic as it gets, they will probably outlast me.
3. Alden (for Brooks Brothers) Black Shell Cordovan Tassel Loafers – These get a ton of wear during suit season.
4. Allen Edmonds Mora – These jazz up the rotation a bit.
5. Sid Mashburn Snuff Suede Penny Loafers – I break the suede rule all the time. These are four-season in my opinion.
View more High Five posts